Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Black Casting Chair: Thom Kerr and Justin Henry shoot Dannielle at Volta


Here at Black Magazine we are privileged to share wonderful relationships with various agencies around the world. During the casting process, we come across some great fresh faces. For all sorts of wonderful reasons big and small, we can't put everyone into the magazine. Not making the cut however doesn't mean that the potential isn't there. So to spread the love we will continue to share with you the faces we believe have strong potential for development. So we've created the Black Casting Chair - which will consist of stills and videos of various models from around the world. Everyone included has something a little bit special about them. Let's get the ball rolling - meet Dannielle from Melbourne Australia, represented by boutique agency Volta models. Story, styling and photography: Thom Kerr  Hair and make-up: Justin Henry


Where are you from?

I was born in Frankston and live in Hastings, but have moved around Melbourne a lot since I was little.

How were you discovered?

I found a modeling course called Model Academy when I was 14 and did a bit of modeling here and there but really got back into it this year and re-did the course and got picked up by Volta Models. 


What's been your favorite modeling experience so far?

My favorite experience so far would be having the opportunity to meet lots of different wonderful people in the industry and having the help from others to build up my confidence and teaching me the ropes to modeling.

If you could be reincarnated as any animal, what would you be and why?

I would love to come back as a giraffe, they are my favorite animal and I love everything about them.

If you could change just one thing about the world, what would it be?

To make sure that every child has a family. 


What makes the world a better place?

The way that generally everyone looks out for one another, and having support from friends and family for when you need it.

What makes the world a scarier place?

The increase of violence around the world.

If you had a super power, what would it be and why?

The ability to control time, I could go into the future and into the past and have all the time in the world to do what I want. 


What is the best piece of advice anyone has ever given you?

To try my best in life and not let anyone hold me back from what I want to achieve.

http://voltamodels.com/dannielle/